The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.Henry Miller
A man‘s ignorance sometimes is not only useful, but beautiful, while his knowledge, so called, is oftentimes worse than useless, besides being ugly. Which is the best man to deal with, he who knows nothing about a subject, and, what is extremely rare, knows that he knows nothing, or he who really knows something about it, but thinks that he knows all?Henry David Thoreau
In his highest flights, musical and architectural above all, for they are one, man gives the illusion of rivaling the order, the majesty and the splendor of the heavens.Henry Miller
How to write a good short story:
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
- Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
- Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
- Every sentence must do one of two things—reveal character or advance the action.
- Start as close to the end as possible.
- Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them-in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
- Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
- Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To hell with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All other content © 2021 Universal Quotation. All rights reserved.